March 17, 2011

Spinach Fettuccine

I am not a big fan of alfredo sauce, but I do like this. I like to make it when I have cream cheese in the fridge to use up. It's fairly quick to make too (under 30 minutes). This recipe is from Cooking Light, so you know the calories and fat are in check. Thaw the frozen spinach while the pasta cooks. I use milk instead of cream (highest fat milk you have).

Don't skip the bacon garnish; it needs the color, flavor, and crunch. Cooking the bacon in the microwave is perfect for a situation like this. I never knew how to cook bacon in the microwave until my sister told me recently. Put paper towels on a plate. Lie out some bacon strips. Top with more paper towels. Cook for approximately 1 minute per bacon strip (less is usually enough). It's fast and doesn't make a greasy mess all over your kitchen!
(click the title to see the recipe)

No comments: