Cook the rice. Saute any combination of vegetables you like, chopped small. Include ham chunks or crumbled bacon (or even chicken). Scramble 2 eggs.
Combine everything with 2-3 T soy sauce. Top with chopped scallions, peanuts, etc. Easy and yummy.
(I don't usually "fry" the rice because I find that when a rice mixture is over-stirred it gets mushy. But you can. I don't think it makes much difference in flavor.)
2 comments:
So easy and so good! I don't know why it is so good, it's just simple. But it is.
Hey Harmony. I typically make fried rice from day old rice (or leftover rice from the day or two previous). When the rice is a day old, it is dried out and can be more easily tossed and fried and not get mushy at all. Also, I like to mix my egg and then fry it (kind of like a super thin omelette/pancake), flip it, take it off the heat, and then slice it into strips before incorporating it into the stir fry blend.
Post a Comment