November 3, 2009

New Take on Cranberry Sauce

My father-in-law made this one Thanksgiving, and I fell in love with it. It's not your usual cooked cranberry sauce, but a no-cook French recipe in which the ingredients are blended. It's bright and fresh, a good accompaniment to a heavy dinner. I like eating it plain with a spoon, or it could be an ice cream topping. It's really easy too.

Cranberry-Grand Marnier Sauce
  • 2 cups fresh cranberries (12 oz bag)
  • grated zest and juice of 2 oranges
  • 1/2 c sugar
  • 1/4 c Grand Marnier (I omitted this)
Put everything in a blender and blend it up!

(UPDATE: So...2 cups and 12 oz of cranberries are not the same thing. I think you're safer using the 12 oz bag if you have it.)

4 comments:

jess said...

I always make cranberry sauce like this. I love it!

BrookieT said...

Hmmmm, that sounds tasty. I'll have to try that! Thanks for sharing!

Emily Petty said...

Hmm, I should try that.

Mandy said...

I JUST found a recipe for this!! I loved it so much last year, I finally found the recipe in my good housekeeping cookbook. It was so yummy!!! Know what else was so yummy?? YOUR ROLLS!!! Wouldn't it be nice if you posted that recipe here..hint hint.... ;-) love ya!!