This was very popular at my Thanksgiving table this year. The different colored additions make a pretty presentation. The mushrooms and sausage give it a smoky flavor, while the vegetables and fresh herbs keep it light. There was just the right amount of moisture to make it stuffing-like (instead of crouton-like), but the bread was still quite crispy, which is how I like it. I used ground pork sausage. I omitted dinner rolls this Thanksgiving because this stuffing fit the bill.Thanksgiving is over, but there's still Christmas. But what the heck? It doesn't have to be a holiday to make a yummy side dish like this!
(click the title to see the recipe)
4 comments:
That dish really sounds delish!
I just might make this for Christmas dinner. Greg requested stuffing, but we are having ham. I have never had stuffing and ham. But this sounds like it might go really well with ham. thanks for the recipe!
so my question is, did you use ALL fresh herbs like the recipe calls for? What are cremini mushrooms? what kind of bread did you use? making up my grocery list for christmas :-)
I loved this at your house, so I made it when I cooked a turkey a few weeks ago and it was a big hit. I used dry herbs, because I am lazy like that. Such a great recipe! I loved the leftovers.
Post a Comment