November 3, 2009

Elegant Pumpkin-Walnut Layered Pie

I am not a fan of pumpkin pie; I think it's the texture I don't like. I had to make a pumpkin pie for our Thanksgiving gathering last year, and I found this amazing recipe. For the first time I actually liked pumpkin pie, and I'm looking forward to eating it again this year. It's got a layer of walnuts on the bottom, and then the pumpkin filling has cream cheese in it, making it more smooth and creamy. It's very good. So if you're looking for a way to enliven your same old Thanksgiving desserts, try this recipe.
(click the title to see the recipe)

3 comments:

Jaimie said...

I think I will probably be with mom on Thanksgiving so we'll make this to try. I don't like regular pumpkin pie either.

MamaChef (JM) said...

Ohhh.....this looks good. Thanks for posting this! Looks like a great blog! I will check back often....

Mandy said...

Um, YEAH this was amazing! But what I remember most was the banana cream pie that was so incredibly creamy....yummy!!!! I am drooling right now....