September 23, 2010

Corn Flake Treats

This is a family recipe. I grew up eating it, and I love it. A simple binding sauce and the last few cups of corn flakes in the box, and you have a comforting, Sunday afternoon treat.
(I usually half the recipe.)

Corn Flake Treats

1 c. corn syrup
1/2 c. granulated sugar
1 c. peanut butter
5 c. corn flakes (or you could use Cheerios or really any cereal you have. I like corn flakes best.)
Optional: sprinkle of chocolate chips

Stir sugar and syrup in a good sized pot and heat until the sugar dissolves. Add the peanut butter and mix well. Remove from heat and immediately stir in 5 cups corn flakes. Pour into greased 9x13 pan. At this point, add the sprinkle of chocolate chips if desired.

2 comments:

Jaimie said...

Yum. Good idea to put these on here. I always think of weekends with the family when I eat these. Brian says they make him feel greasy though (all the peanut butter I guess), so I hardly ever make them.

Mandy said...

yum! I am going to try these. I made something of the sort with cheerios, and added sunflower seeds and raisins, and molded them into balls (didn't take very long) and you know what...I ate them more than the kids did.