October 5, 2011

Ginger Cookies


This is another of my favorite fall recipes. These cookies are soft and chewy, but spicy and fragrant. They would be a great autumn or holiday gift.

The original recipe is for giant cookies, but I just make them normal sized and cook only 9-10 minutes. I also cut the recipe in half so it doesn't make so many.

In the photo on the website, they look dry and crispy, but they're quite the opposite. It depends on how long you cook them, but at 9-10 minutes they're still soft inside. Fool around with cooking times to find out how you like them.

3 comments:

Jaimie said...

I don't know if you have told me about these? Hm, they look good. I may need to try them out. Who can I bring treats to now?

Mandy said...

I am definitely going to make these!!! Plus I love molasses, so I don't think these can go wrong!

Milly said...

I made these the other day. YUM. Love them. I've never cooked with molasses before but I had some in my storage. That stuff stinks! I was a little worried as I was making them, but now I could sit and eat them all day. :)