November 9, 2011

Pumpkin Steamer

This warm beverage is festive, creamy, and absolutely delicious. It's also healthy because it's essentially made of milk and vegetable! The recipe comes from my Aunt Jessica. It's very comforting, and I don't have to feel guilty about drinking tons of calories/fat like I do with egg nog. You can half the recipe if you're drinking alone. :)

Pumpkin Steamer
  • 3 cups 2% milk
  • 1 c. pumpkin puree
  • 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp. ginger
  • 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
  • 1/8 tsp. cloves
  • 6 T sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • a little less than 1/4 tsp. salt

Add all ingredients to a medium sized pot. Whisk everything together and heat over medium heat, stirring often to prevent scorching. Pour into mugs and serve immediately.

2 comments:

jess said...

Yum! I love pumpkin this time of year. Can't wait to try it!

Jaimie said...

Honestly, I didn't like this much. It tasted too much like I was drinking pumpkin from the can. I did like it after I made it bad for you (adding egg and cream), and making it into a pumpkin protein drink was good.