April 21, 2008

French Bread & Croutons

This bread is a little time-consuming, but not very difficult. I was pleased with the way this came out (it was my 3rd-4th time making it). I also really like to make croûtons out of french bread. Both recipes came from The Essential Mormon Cookbook, which I received as a wedding gift. Email me if you'd like the french bread recipe. Below is my version of the croûton recipe. Adapt it to fit your tastes. You could put any seasonings on it you like.

Herb Croutons
  • French Bread, sliced and cubed (recipe says to remove crust, but I don't)
  • olive oil (recipe also calls for melted butter, but I don't use it)
  • dried herbs, such as oregano, basil, Italian seasoning
  • garlic powder (optional)
Heat oven to 300. Spread bread cubes in a single layer on baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with dried herbs and garlic powder. (If using butter, combine the dried herbs and melted butter before applying to the bread.) Stir with your hands to be sure each cube is coated. Bake for 25-30 minutes (or less) or until golden and crisp. Cool. Sore in an airtight container in a cool place.

3 comments:

Petty Family said...

Cool blog Harmony! I didn't even know that you had this blog. I'm going to netflix Ziegfield girls and your bread is very impressive!

Petty Family said...

I like the background too, where'd you get it?

BrookieT said...

Yeah, where do you get the custom backgrounds? Anyway- that bread looks perfect!