Wassail
- 1 part orange juice
- 1 part apple juice
- 1 part cranberry juice
- cinnamon sticks
- whole cloves
- sugar to taste
- orange slices to float for garnish (optional)
Simmer.
You can use juice from concentrate or from a bottle, and make as much or as little as you want. The original recipe makes A LOT, and uses 2 cinnamon sticks and 12 whole cloves. If you're making a smaller amount, 1 cinnamon stick and 4-5 cloves would be enough.
I serve this at my Christmas parties and people like it. Last year I didn't get a picture before it was all gone!
1 comment:
I LOVE wassail! I wanted to make it so bad this year, but it just makes too much. I considered only doing a part of the recipe, but then you have half open juice containers or concentrates. I guess I could give the juice to the girls; we just don't drink juice much around here. But, oh, wassail is SO good for the holidays. I just love it.
Nice empty bowl picture, ha!
Post a Comment