This is a delicious chicken curry, and really easy! A friend made it for me, and I've made it twice myself since. There is nothing more comforting than slow-cooked shredded chicken. The spices in this dish are not at all hot, but give it a great warmth, which I really like. Serve over brown rice, and you have a healthy, easy meal that can be made in advance! Leftovers are great too.You can use chicken breast instead of thighs, if that's what you have. It works with 3 chicken breasts (you can put them straight in frozen). I like to add extra vegetables. 1.5 teaspoons or less of salt is plenty. You'll want to mince the garlic and ginger, not just slice. At the end I wanted a little more sauce, so I added some regular milk, or you could add more coconut milk.
Thank you Jessi (and Martha Stewart) for this great recipe!
3 comments:
Thanks for this, I've printed it out to try.
Speaking of recipes, I just found this, and 2 of the 9 recipes are really really similar to two of our favorite family dishes, so I am anxious to try the rest:
http://www.redbookmag.com/recipes-home/tips-advice/meatless-recipes
I am going to try this! I made a crock-pot curry recipe and is was so gross!!! IT was watery, not very flavorful, and just plain icky. It had sweet potatoes in it. I will try this one instead!!!
Okay, I am making this sunday for the missionaries! What other vegetables do you add to it? What else would you serve with it besides rice?
Post a Comment