I think I have a little spring fever because I've been looking to make springtime foods. The seasonal strawberries are just now making their appearance in the markets this year.I made this tart for my book club last night, and it was really good. It tasted similar to strawberry cheesecake: a graham cracker crust with a layer of [uncooked] cream cheese, strawberries and strawberry puree glaze. It is a good alternative to high fat cheesecake because you still get the same flavors, just with a lot less cream cheese. I made it in a pie pan.
The only complaint I had was that the graham cracker crust was crumbly and fell apart. I know this is supposed to be a light dish (from Cooking Light), but I think adding more butter to the crust would help it hold together better. I suggest raising it to 1/4 cup butter and omitting the water.
I halved the strawberries, and although it looked nice, it was hard to cut and to eat. I would slice them next time. But I'll definitely make this again.
(click the title to see the recipe)
4 comments:
I remember seeing this tart when I was deciding what to make for Melanie's baby shower. Glad to know it was delicious! Thanks for the tips :-)
looks tasty! Can't wait for spring!
Strawberries are finally in season. They are my favorite. Looks delicious. Who comes to your bookclub? What book did you read?
Looks really yummy! I should join your bookclub for dessert! :)
Post a Comment