December 22, 2008

Curried Peanut Sauce

I really like this sauce. I was a little concerned that it would be too orangy since there is marmalade and OJ in it, but the orange flavor was really not prevalent.

Ingredients (double this for my chicken recipe)
  • 1/3 cup orange marmalade
  • 1/4 cup orange juice
  • 2 tablespoons reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
  • 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
  • 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon chile sauce with garlic
Preparation

Combine all ingredients in a blender, and process until smooth. Chop 2 chicken breasts into cubes. Place chicken and a small amount of the marinade mixture in a large zip-top plastic bag. Seal and shake to coat. Marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes.

Stir-fry or grill the chicken. (You can also add some vegetables like chopped bell peppers, but if not you'll want a vegetable side to round out the meal.) Add sauce to the cooked chicken/vegs and let it warm through. Serve over rice.

(Here is the original recipe intended for grilled shrimp skewers.)

3 comments:

Mandy said...

This was very, very tasty! I could taste the orange, but I NEVER would have guessed there was so much marmalade in it! A total surprise! The peanut taste was super subtle too. MMmmmmmMMMM!

Mandy said...

Oh, and I added some cauliflower and onion too just to add some more veggies. Delish!

Jaimie said...

So you bought marmalade for this? And what is chile sauce? Is this sauce hot/spicy?