Here he is pictured with Elizabeth Taylor in "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof."
One of the most notable things about Paul Newman is that he was married to the same woman for 50 years, nearly unheard of in Hollywood. He married actress Joanne Woodward in 1958. When asked about the secret to his long marriage he would say, "Why go out for hamburger when you have steak at home?"
He co-owned the Newman's Own food brand, of which all profits went to charity.
I loved hearing him as the voice of Doc Hudson in "Cars" because he played the older, experienced star, which he was. That role was also meaningful because Newman drove race cars off-screen.

2 comments:
I loved this one- I didn't know he passed away. I appreciate all the info about his life, and boy, was he good lookin'! I didn't know much about him, but suspected he had that line of Neeman's Own food. I had no idea it went to charity! Thanks for sharing.
I like Paul Newman too - I love Newman's Own products and feel good about buying them because of the charity - but seriously their dressing is better than most and they make yummy non-dairy cookies too. Also, I think it's amazing and admirable that he had one wife. I really like Cat on a Hot Tin Roof - it's depressing, but really great acting!
Post a Comment